- 4 g Sodium Alginate
- 500 g water
- 1 g Calcium Lactate
- 55 g milk
- 10 g olive oil
- 5 g Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill and/or Mint
- 1 clove garlic
- 130 g Plain, thick yoghurt
Combine all ingredients with butterfly, speed 4, 60 sec.
Pour into a flat bottomed container and place in frisge to hydrate and allow air bubbles to clear for at least 15 min or overnight.
Chop garlic and herbs - 10 sec speed 7. Scrape down. Repeat until finely chopped.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well, 45 sec speed 4.
Set aside in fridge 15 min
To form the spheres, deposit a teasoon "ball" of mixture into the alginate bath. Make sure it is submerged completely to allow membrane to form from contact.
Loow to sit in bath for 3 min while membrane forms. If you leave it too long, the whole ball will solidify, too short it will pop prematurely.
Remove from alginate bath with a slotted spoon or fork, and rinse well in a fresh water bath.
Drain on paper towel and use as soon as practical.
Keep the ball as smooth as possible when dropping into alginate for the best result
Serve with cucumber and herb garnish - cucumber rounds for an easy canape
This are so much fun to eat - they burst in your mouth with a liquid center!
Sodium Alginate and Calcium Lactate are natural products that when come into contact for a clear, tasteless gel membrane. They are available at specialty food shops and online
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP