- 100 g onion, quartered (200 g for a bigger tortilla)
- 50 g olive oil, I used extra virgin
- 375 g Potatoes, chascadas&quot; (this is the peeled weight, 750 g if doubling up). This basically means that you hold the potato in one hand and, with a knife in the other hand, slice the potato but don&#039;t slice it all the way, instead you snap it.
- 220 g hot water
- 4 Eggs, Large
- black pepper
1. Add the onion to the bowl: 5 seconds, speed 4. Scrape walls.
2. Add the 50 g olive oil: 10 min, Varoma, speed 1.
3. Insert butterfly, add potatoes, hot water and tsp of salt: 15 minutes, Varoma, soft speed. Make sure you check the potatoes from minute 10 so that they don't turn to mush. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Do not wash bowl, remove butterfly and add the 4 eggs, half a teaspoon of salt and freshly milled black pepper: 10 seconds, speed 4.
5. Return potatoes to bowl: 3 seconds, speed 3 (watch it, you don't want to end up with mush).
6. Drizzle a medium pan with olive oil and heat over a high heat, add the mixture and turn the heat right down, give it a gentle shake from side to side so that it all distributes well. When it looks like the egg is setting, it's time to flip the omelette. Grab a plate big enough to sit steadily over the frying pan, place it over it and, holding tight to the whole ensemble, flip the omelette over onto the plate, then carefully move the omelette back to the pan. It will only need about one minute on this side (I like it a bit runny), you may need a bit longer if making a larger omelette. Just don't let it go too dry, remember the egg keeps cooking for a little while once it's off the heat.
Accessories you need
To serve: cut it in wedges and enjoy with salad or, for tapas, cut into small squares, have cocktail sticks nearby or stick them into each square so that people can help themselves. Perfect for elevenses with a cup of coffee and let's not forget THE Spanish sandwich: crusty bread with a slice of tortilla de patatas inside, bocadillo de tortilla.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup