- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot (small brown onion), halved
- 3 coriander roots
- 20 g oil
- 20 g fish sauce
- 20 g palm sugar, (or brown sugar)
- white pepper, to taste
- 500 g pork mince
- 100 g cooked prawns, peeled and chopped
- 125 g vermicelli noodes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- spring roll pastry sheets, will make 20-30 spring rolls
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grate carrots, 5 seconds, speed 5 (repeat if necessary). Set aside in a small bowl.
Add garlic, shallot and coriander roots to the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Add oil and saute 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1, MC OFF.
Add fish sauce, white pepper and palm sugar and cook 30 seconds, 100 degrees, speed 1 until sugar is dissolved, MC OFF.
Add pork mince to bowl and cook 20 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spoon speed, MC OFF.
Meanwhile, soak vermicelli noodles in a large bowl of water until softened (you can use boiling water for about 5 minutes to speed up the process). Drain the noodles and cut into short lengths using scissors (see photo). Set aside.
Once the mince mixture has finished cooking, taste to see if extra fish sauce, pepper or sugar is needed.
Add grated carrots and cooked prawn meat to the Thermomix bowl and mix, 5 seconds, speed 5.
Add filling mixture to the bowl of prepared vermicelli noodles and stir to combine. Sprinkle with spring onions then leave to cool.
Use a damp tea towel to keep the spring roll pastry sheets moist. Lay out one pastry sheet diagonally and place about a tablespoon of filling at one end, roll and fold in the two sides and continue rolling till it forms a spring roll. Seal the end with water.
Fry the spring rolls in about an inch of oil in a fry pan. Once browned, remove from oil and set on paper towel to cool.
Prepare your filling
Assemble spring rolls
** Serve with your choice of dipping sauce (sweet chilli, hot chilli, soy sauce etc).
**The spring rolls can be frozen uncooked - use baking paper in between layers to prevent them sticking. They can then be cooked from frozen.
** The spring rolls can be cooked in an air fryer if you wish. You will just need to give them a light spray of oil so that they brown in the air fryer. They can otherwise be deep fried or shallow fried as described above.
** Prawns can be left out. You can also substitute pork mince with either chicken or beef mince if you prefer.
** Increase the amount of garlic and coriander roots, or add extra coriander leaves and stems if you want to give it extra flavour.
** Add cut fresh chilli or some chilli flakes to the mixture if you would like a spicy filling.
**If you make my recipe I would be grateful if you could please leave a comment and rating - thank you so much**
**You may also like to visit my facebook page Aussie TM5 Thermomixer for more great recipes and ideas**
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan