- 1 cup stoned dates
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 250 grams cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons walnut kernels
- 1 tablespoon chives or onion tops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup husked sunflower seeds OR, 1/2 cup almonds, split and toasted
Chop dates in Thermomix bowl with orange juice - several bursts on turbo.
Add all other ingredients, except sunflower seeds/almonds, and mix at speed 4-5 for 3-4 seconds.
Scrape out onto Thermomat and shape into a ball. Roll this lightly in sunflower seeds or toasted almonds.
Wrap in cling-wrap. Chill well. Serve with rye bread.
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from an original recipe by Elizabeth Godfrey, featured on Carefree Cooking, Channel 6, Hobart, 1979. Published as a flyer free of charge by the Hydro Electric Commission in Tasmania.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU