- 80 medium sized mushrooms
- 1 large onion (any variety)
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 200 g bacon, rind and excess fat removed
- 800 g tin of diced tomatoes, Remove excess fluid
- 350 g tasty cheese, cut in 1-2mm thin slices of squares to suit the size of the mushrooms
Preheat the oven to 150deg
Lightly oil an oven tray (or more if required to fit more mushrooms on)
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set them aside in a bowl.
Lay the stemless mushrooms on the oven tray upside down
Place the onion and the bacon in the Thermomix bowl and chop 3-4 sec / sp 7.
Scrape down sides of the bowl
Add oil and saute 3 min / 100deg / sp 2
Add 1/4 of the mushroom stalks and the tomatoes to the bowl and cook 7 min / 100deg / sp 2
Puree mixture 4 sec / sp6 to remove any remaining chunks
Using a teaspoon, fill the mushroom cups with the cooked mixture.
Place a square of cheese on the top of each mushroom
Cook in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted
The cooked mushrooms can be sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Adjust the amount of stalks added to the recipe to taste
Any leftover stalks can be used in vegi stock, or in other cooking
Any leftover tomato mixture makes a great pasta sauce
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Cauliflower Soup
- Best sausage casserole
- Balmoral Chicken, stuffed with Haggis, Root Vegetable Mash and Whisky and Peppercorn Sauce
- CHUNKY FISH CHOWDER
- Pumpkin Quiche
- Creamy Bacon and Broccoli Fettucine
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Mums Egg and Bacon Pie
- LCHF chicken, bacon, broccoli, mushroom bake