THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- olive oil, for frying
- 50 g pancetta, unsmoked, thinly sliced
- 20 g bread, torn into pieces
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 300 g parsnips, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 250 g water
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 6 king scallops
- 30 g butter
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add pancetta and fry for approx. 1minute on each side until cooked and slightly browned, then transfer to a paper towel and set aside.
- Place bread in mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 4. Transfer breadcrumbs to frying pan, add 1 Tbsp oil and fry over a medium heat until golden, stirring continuously.
- Place thyme, fried pancetta and fried breadcrumbs in mixing bowl then mix 2 sec/speed 5. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Clean mixing bowl.
- Place parsnips in mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5, then scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Add water, ½ tsp salt and one pinch pepper and cook 12 min/100°C/speed 2.
- Add butter then blend 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down lid and sides of mixing bowl then blend again 10 sec/speed 10. Repeat one or two times more if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Set mixing bowl aside and keep warm.
- Wipe frying pan clean then heat 1 Tbsp oil over a medium-high heat. Fry scallops, in a circle around edge of pan, for 1-1½ minutes on each side while seasoning with ¼ tsp salt and one pinch pepper.
- Divide the purée between the two plates, top each with three scallops, sprinkle with the pancetta crumb then serve immediately.
If the scallops are small, serve 4 or 5 per person.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Spring Onion Pancake
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Asian Pesto
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one