- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 40 grams red onion, quartered
- 40 grams red capsicum, quartered
- 10 grams coriander
- 1 chilli, deseeded and quartered
- 10 grams freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10 grams olive oil
- 5 grams sea salt flakes
- 5 grams pepper
- 600 grams sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- 900 grams water
- 200 grams quinoa (rinsed well)
Place red onion and red capsicum in mixing bowl and chop 3 secs / speed 7
2. Scrape down bowl. Add coriander and chilli and chop 3 secs / speed 5.
3. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and stir 5 secs / /
4. Turn into separate bowl, carefully add kiwi fruit and avocado, stir and set aside.
5. Cook quinoa and steam scallops by adding water to mixing bowl and put in TM basket (lined with baking paper). Add quinoa into basket and cook 17 mins / Varoma / speed 2. MC on.
6. Add scallops to Varoma dish and place on top of mixing bowl cook 4 mins / Varoma / speed 2 until scallops are opaque.
7. Remove Varoma dish and basket.
8. To serve place cooked quinoa onto plate with scallops on top. Spoon over salsa and season with salt and pepper.
Adapted from : Flat Belly Diet
Scallops with Kiwi Fruit and Avocado Salsa
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken