- 12 large green king prawns
- 1/2 handful sage
- 1/2 handful oregano
- 1/2 handful coriander
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 dried long red chillies
- 1 lemon, zest peeled without white pith
- 125g extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- parsley, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Split king prawns in half and remove the intestinal tract. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to marinate.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees C.
Place peeled lemon zest in mixing bowl and grate 20 secs/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add sage, oregano, coriander, ginger, garlic and chillies to mixing bowl and chop 3 secs/speed 7.
Add olive oil, salt and pepper and mix 5 secs/speed 5. Smear marinade on the cut side of the prawns and place on a baking tray, marinade side up.
Cook them in the pre-heated oven for about 5 minutes.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve with a lemon wedge and parsley.
Accessories you need
Prawns can be cooked on a pre-heated BBQ or charcoal kettle BBQ. Cook by pressing the prawns down to caramelise the flesh.
You can ask your fishmonger to prepare the prawns for you to reduce your preparation time to 5 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU