- 3 cloves garlic
- 60 gram extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to taste
- 50 grams red onion, cut to halves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest, no white pith
- 40 grams lemon juice, plus extra to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 3 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- to taste salt and pepper
- 800 grams water
- 200 grams israeli cous cous
- 200 grams red lentils
- 200 grams cauliflower, cut into 2/3 cms
- 200 grams broccoli, cut into 2/3 cms
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 grams Kalamata olives, pitted
- 30 grams pine nuts
- 40 grams pistachio nuts
- 40 grams slivered almonds
- to taste salt and pepper
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1,- Place the garlic into the bowl and chop 3sec/seep 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
2,- add the oil and cook 1min30sec/100 c/speed 1
3,- Add the onion, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, zest and lemon juice and chop 3 sec/ speed 7. Scrape down the sides with the spatula.
4,- Add the remaining herbs and combine 10 sec/reverse/speed 2. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. No need to clean the bowl.
Cous cous salad
1,- Add the water into the bowl and then place the basket in the bowl, then weigh the cous cous and the lentils into it. Place the varoma dish into position and weigh broccoli and cauliflower into it. Secure the varoma lid and steam 9 min/varoma/ speed 2.
2,- set varoma aside and stir the cous cous and lentils, then stir the broccoli and cauliflower. Place the varoma back into position, the cook 2-4 minutes/varoma/ speed 2, or until the lentils are cooked to your liking. The broccoli and the cauliflower need to be removed when they are cooked to your liking. I like them quite hard so I do take them out after step 1.
3,- remove the simmering basket with the aid of the spatula and the varoma and rinse the cous cous and lentils under cold water. Set aside to drain.
4,- transfer the drained ingredients into a large bowl and place the bowl and the lid back. Weigh all the remaining sald ingredients, including the reserved dressing into the bowl. Add extra oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer into a serving bowl and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Find more recipes in: www.cookingit.co.uk/blog
Israeli cous cous salad
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Fat and Gluten Free Pepper Steak Sauce
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne