- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 300 grams savoy cabbage, roughly cut
- 3 centimetre ginger, peeled
- 500 grams pork mince
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 packages Gow Gee Pastry, see notes
- 600 grams water
- cornfour, for dusting
- non stick paper
- 70 grams rice wine vinegar
- 2 level tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
add garlic to bowl. Turbo for 1 second then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
add the soy sauce, rice vinegar.and sesame oil. mix on Speed 5 for 3 seconds.
Tip into a serving bowl and add the thinly sliced shallots. keep aside until needed.
place ginger into bowl. Blitz for 3 seconds speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the garlic. Turbo for 2 seconds.
add the chopped carrot to the bowl. Turbo for 2 seconds. scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the cabbage. Turbo again for 2 seconds.
Add the pork mince and oyster sauce to the bowl. Mix on speed 5 for 7 seconds. Remove mix from bowl.
Place a heaped teaspoon of the pork mixture onto one side of the gow gee.
Dip your finger in enough water to wet one sideof the gow gee so that when folded the other side will stick.
fold the gow gee so you are left with a half circle shape. make sure to seal the edges well so they dont expload when cooking. pinch the edges and fold to create a 'crimped' effect
lightly dust in the corn flour to prevent them from sticking.
Place 600g of water into the thermomix bowl. set for 10 minutes on varoma speed 3.
scrunch up and wet some baking paper and line the bottom and top of the varoma tray. pierce holes to allow steam to travel up. place gyoza on the paper, allowing plenty of room for steam.
Steam for 4-5 minutes on varoma, speed 3.
Heat a large fry pan with oil ( I use grapeseed) and palce gyoza flat on one side to crisp up. they are cooked when one side is golden and crispy.
serve with the dipping sauce
Preparing the Gyoza Filling
Accessories you need
The brand of gow gee pastry I use is Double Merino and is found in the fridge section of the supermarket next to the stirfry noodles.
the more you practice, the quicker you will become in making the gyozas so if you havent made these before it may take you a little longer than the 30 minutes to make.
These also freeze really well. Just make sure you seperate them or otherwise when defrosting they will stick and break
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP