- 300 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, leaves only, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- zest of ½ lemon, peeled in strips
- 1 egg white
Quarter tomatoes, place in container and freeze until solid (about 8 hours).
Place tomatoes, chilli flakes, basil, salt flakes and lemon zest in the Thermomix bowl. Blend for 30 seconds/speed 9. Scrape down, insert Butterfly and add the egg white. Mix for 30 seconds/speed 4, or in TM5, for 30 seconds/speed 3.
Top with a sprig of basil and serve immediately in small glasses or bowls.
This recipe serves 6 as a starter or 10 as a palate cleanser.
Variation: roast tomatoes before freezing for a more intense taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Parmesan baked ricotta slice with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Steamed Carrot and Chicken Dumplings
- Beetroot Cured Gravadlax (Salmon)
- Red pepper flans
- Ham croquetas
- Smoked salmon and Watercress Roulade
- MOUSSE OF FOIE GRAS AND GOAT CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Prawn Cocktail 'Acapulco' Style
- Seared Scallops, Parsnip Purée and a Pancetta Crumb
- Pa's Sausage Rolls
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU