- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 red peppers
- 20 g red lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube (for 0.5 l)
- 1 cans tomato, tinned
- 420 g water
- 20 g olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Place the onions and garlic cloves and quartered peppers in the bowl.
Chop 4 sec/speed 5.
Add olive oil.
Saute 5 min/105C/speed 1.
Add the vegetable stock, ground lentils, tinned tomatoes and water.
Simmer for 15 mins/100C/speed 2.
Puree 40sec/Speed 10.
Accessories you need
- I tend to leave the measuring cup on as it does it splash and can otherwise paint my kitchen !
- for extra creaminess without the cream, you can add a handful of white rice at step 2 (tip from Jamie Oliver)
- this soup freezes beautifully. I ladle it into muffins tins, leave them to set in the freezer then pop them in a zip bag. I find 2 or 3 muffin-size pieces equal 1 portion.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns