- 150 g Potatoes, Peeled and quartered
- 150 g Celeriac, Peeled and roughly chopped
- 100 g leek, Cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 centimetre ginger, Peeled and chopped
- 1 Organic Lemon Quarter, Peel and All
- 20 g red onion
- 1 clove garlic, Pressed
- 1 red pepper, De-seeded & roughly chopped
- 100 g Tomato Concentrate
- 1 Parsley Roots, a Handful
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
2h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Fill Bowl with Vegetables & Spices, pour cold water into bowl, upto the 2 litre mark.
Cook broth twice. 2 x 60 mins / 100 degrees / Speed 1.
Strain Vegetables & discard sensibly (they wont be re-usable). Enjoy the clear broth throughout the day.
Spring Clean your Body with this easy peesy Fasting Broth. Sip throughout the day for 1 - 3 days - so easy to prepare in your Thermomix & keeps for up-to 3 days if kept in fridge.
You can add salt (only if you are NOT fasting).
Broth requires the Tomato Concentrate for taste (you can though use fresh tomatoes but the taste isnt as intense!).
If you are using organic vegetables, you do not need to peel anything !
The quantities stated above are sufficient for one days worth of fasting for me. I did a three day fast with this broth and felt amazing afterwards.
Try it out and let me know how you get along !
Before starting any fast or diet, do consult your doctor !
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken