- 400 g braising steak, cut in 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp plain flour, for dusting
- 30 g olive oil
- 150 g onions, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 150 g red peppers, quartered
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 g beef stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes, (400 g tin)
- 1 tsp dried majoram
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 300 g Potatoes, peeled, cut in 1 cm cubes
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place a freezer bag on lid of mixing bowl and weigh in meat and flour. Close bag and shake until meat is evenly coated then set aside.
- Place oil, onions, garlic and red peppers in mixing bowl then chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then sauté 6 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 0.5.
- Add paprika, caraway seeds, salt and vinegar then mix 10 sec/speed 3.
- Add floured meat and tomato purée then sauté 8 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
- Add stock, tomatoes, marjoram, and bay leaf then simmer 20 min/95°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed.
- Add potatoes and simmer 13 min/98°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed. Adjust seasoning before serving.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Curried sweet potato soup
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Cauliflower Soup
- butternut squash soup
- Lentils with chorizo
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Omelette Muffins
- Veggie Bolognese Sauce
- Bolognese Lasagna
- Msg based seasoning
- KFC based Chicken seasoning
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Tomato Ketchup - Sugar Free
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce