- 45 g olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1000 g firm courgettes, sliced into coin thickness rounds
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 2 heaped tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh olive oil into mixing bowl.
- Shielding yourself with the measuring cup poised ready to insert, drop the quartered onion and garlic cloves on to the running blade, speed 5 and turn off after 6 seconds.
- With the measuring cup on, saute and soften the chopped ingredients 4 minutes / Varoma / / .
- With the measuring cup off continue sauteing 3 minutes / Varoma / / while slowly feeding the courgette slices into the mixing bowl ensuring they do not clump together and thus allowing them to be evenly coated with the oily mixture.
- With measuring cup off cook 25 minutes / Varoma / / . You can use the inner basket on top of the lid to dissapate steam and prevent splashes - taking care to avoid steam burn, mop the basket occasionally during cooking to remove excess condensation otherwise this runs back into the courgette mixture and increases cooking time.
- If there is still fluid bubbling around the edges of the courgettes at the end of the cooking time, cook for a further 5 minutes / Varoma / / . The courgettes should be mainly intact but very reduced and with a lovely oily sheen.
- With the measuring cup on, Turbo pulse 1 second / 4 times.
- Insert the butterfly whisk, add the ricotta cheese, creme fraiche, scant 1/4 tsp sea salt (too much salt will over power the delicate flavours) and plenty of ground black pepper. With measuring cup on whisk 3 minutes / 100°C / speed 3.
- Serve garnished with a good dollop of creme fraiche, torn or chopped basil leaves and a scattering of toasted pine nuts.
Accessories you need
Serves 2 as a main course or 4 - 6 as a starter hot or chilled. In the unlikely event you have any left over - it makes a lovely dip: Loosen 3 or 4 tablespoons of Ricotta cheese with a splash of olive oil, stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and season lightly with salt and pepper, add creme fraiche to preferred consistency and fold in a spoonful or two of the courgette mixture, garnish with pine nuts and basil. Serve with crisps or crudites OR spread thickly on freshly made Brucetta.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Curried sweet potato soup
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Cauliflower Soup
- butternut squash soup
- Lentils with chorizo