- 600 grams Butternut squash, a small butternut squash
- 150 grams onion, one medium onion red or white
- 30 grams oive oil
- 1 cm ginger root, fresh
- 40 grams red lentils, dry
- 100 grams carrots
- 20 grams parsley, leaves, fresh
- 600 grams water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the parsley leaves, rinsed and dry, into the bowl and chop 3 sec /speed 5. Put aside. Rinse the bowl
- Put onion (quartered) and ginger in the bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 5, scrape down sides with spatula, then sautee 3 min/ 100°/ speed 1
- Add butternut squash and carrots, chop 10 sec/speed 5, add lentils and cook 10 min/100°/speed 1
- Add water, salt and pepper and cook 10 min/100°/speed 1
with measuring cup, puree 1 min/speed from 5 to 10.
Serve in the bowls sprinkled with reserved parsley.
To taste, add bread cubes fried in butter
Butternut squash soup
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup