- 900 g water
- 1 Cup Medium Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 Cup Unsalted Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onions
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 Cup Currants or Chopped Raisins
Add 900 mls of Water to Thermo and cook Medium Grain Brown Rice in Simmering Basket on Varoma, speed 4 for 30 mins.
Once rice is cooked, put it in a long container and pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes whilst preparing the rest of your ingredients, if it hasn't entirely cooled after the 10 mins, fold rice and place in freezer for a further 5 mins.
Add all dressing ingredients to a small plastic container and shake until combined, approx 30 seconds.
I usually do this by hand as it comes out neater, though you can do in the Thermo: Chop Capsicum finely (picture for reference), set aside.
Finely chop Parsley and Spring Onions, set aside.
If you are using Raisins, chop them into small pieces, if you are using Currants, no need to chop them.
Once the Rice has totally cooled, add each ingredient (incl. Cashews), one at a time and thoroughly fold through the Rice.
Once Rice mixture is mixed through pour 1/2 of your Dressing in and fold through the Rice mixture, I usually add a dash more after the first mix through and fold through again.
FINISH THIS RECIPE THE DAY BEFORE YOU INTEND TO EAT IT, I CANNOT STRESS THE AMAZING DIFFERENCE IN FLAVOUR FROM THE FIRST DAY TO THE NEXT.
Accessories you need
Use Gluten Free Soy Sauce to create this dish GF.
I first tried this Rice dish at my local IGA deli and fell in love, I have very slightly adjusted this recipe I found posted online by: thermo18.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Steam rice in varoma basket
- Kale, Stir Fried Chinese Style
- Creamed Spinach
- Moroccan Beetroot and Carrot Salad
- Salami Spread
- RAW RAINBOW SALAD with Tuna
- Crispy Asian Noodle Nests
- Vegetable Samosas
- French Onion ricotta mushrooms
- Heidi's German potato salad # 1
- Sweet potato mash
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)