- 150 grams macadamia nuts (or peanuts)
- 10 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 270 grams savoy cabbage chopped in chunks
- 270 grams red cabbage, chopped in chunks
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 15 grams mint leaves, fresh
- 20 grams coriander leaves, fresh
- 100 grams lime juice
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped into 5cm chunks
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce/tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
Turn oven on 180 degrees C
Place lemongrass in the bowl 5 seconds speed 9
Add all remaining ingredients except the oils.
Reduce 15 minutes Varoma speed 2 - until thick and syrupy.
Once cooled down, strain the sauce into a bowl and add the oil. Put aside for later.
Put butter in the bowl and melt 2 minutes/ 50 degrees/ speed 4.
Add sugar, salt & chilli flakes 2 minutes/ 100 degrees/ speed 3.
Add peanuts 20 seconds/ /speed 1
Turn out onto an oven tray on a sheet of greaseproof paper and place in oven for 5 minutes.
Turn over and continue for 5 minutes or until the sugar has caramelised.
Cool nuts and then roughy chop. Set aside.
Put the fresh chilli, mint and coriander into the bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 7.
Put chunks of red cabbage in the bowl. Chop 2 sec/ speed 5. Check and if desired add another second at speed 5.
Put chunks of savoy cabbage in the bowl. Chop 2 sec/ speed 5.
Place in salad bowl.
Add mango slices and half the chopped nuts (macadamia or peanut).
Add the dressing and toss. Taste and add more salt if you need to.
Sprinkle the other half of the nuts (macadamia or peanut) on top, garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander and serve.
Caramelise Macadamias (or Peanuts)
Consider serving with vegetable patties or roast chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Steam rice in varoma basket
- Kale, Stir Fried Chinese Style
- Creamed Spinach
- Moroccan Beetroot and Carrot Salad
- Salami Spread
- RAW RAINBOW SALAD with Tuna
- Crispy Asian Noodle Nests
- Vegetable Samosas
- French Onion ricotta mushrooms
- Heidi's German potato salad # 1
- Sweet potato mash
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge