- 100 grams chickpeas, dried
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- herbs of your choice
- 500 grams sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
Grind chickpeas to flour for 1 min, Speed 9-10.
Remove from Thermomix and place aside.
Place onion, garlic and herbs in the Thermomix and chop for 3-5 secs, Speed 7.
Scrape down bowl.
Add sweet potato and chop for 20-30 secs, Speed 6.
Scrape down, making sure there are no big lumps.
Chop again for 10-20 seconds, Speed 6.
It should still be a fairly coarse consistency, but not big lumps.
Add chickpea clour and egg and mix for 20-30 secs, Reverse , Speed 6.
Make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
The mix will not be too wet and should have a 'grainy' consistency, NOT smooth.
You may need to add more/less flour, or some extra oil, depending on moisture contecnt of sweet potato.
Pre-heat oil for shallow frying in a fry pan (coconut oil is great!).
Form small handfuls of the mixture into balls.
Place in pan, press down with a fork, and fry until golden.
Serve with Thermomix Poached Eggs (New EDC, p. 59).
Also great with bacon and maple syrup, hollandaise sauce, chilli sauce, sauteed spinach etc.
Sweet Potato Hash Browns
You don't have to grind your own flour - you can use any flour you like.
Nice herbs to use are parsely, coriander, sage, chives, chilli. Chilli and coriander are especially good when the hash browns are cooked in coconut oil!
The mix may seem like it is falling apart when finished. Even though it is coarse, it is right if it stays in balls when pressed softly together.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Steam rice in varoma basket
- Kale, Stir Fried Chinese Style
- Creamed Spinach
- Moroccan Beetroot and Carrot Salad
- Salami Spread
- RAW RAINBOW SALAD with Tuna
- Crispy Asian Noodle Nests
- Vegetable Samosas
- French Onion ricotta mushrooms
- Heidi's German potato salad # 1
- Sweet potato mash
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Summer Pudding
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Chocolate Mousse