- 180 grams red camargue and wild rice
- 20 grams sunflower oil
- 150 grams raw beetroots, peeled and diced
- 60 grams Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 20 grams lemon juice
- 2 peppered smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- 1 teaspoon salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put the rice in the steaming basket and rinse very well
Position the steaming basket in the bowl and put the diced beetroot in with the rice.
Pour 1000g of boiling water over the rice, add 1 tsp of salt and cook for 40 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 4.
Occasionally stir with spatula through the hole without stopping the Thermomix.
Transfer to a bowl and add 40g of feta and the lemon jiuce and stir well.
Allow to cool down.
When it has cooled down, add the shredded mackerel fillets and crumble the remaining 20g of feta cheese on top. Add olive oil if needed.
Adapted from recipe in Waitrose magazine July 2017.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)