- 60 grams Cheese cubed
- 500 grams potatoes, cubed
- 50 grams spring onion or onion, (or one sprig)
- 70 grams Self Raising Flour
- 2 eggs
- 70 grams milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, for frying each batch
Grate cheese 5 seconds speed 7. set aside.
No need to rinse the bowl.
Add cubed potatoes, spring onion/shallot/onion (including green foliage if spring onions - for colour), chop speed 5 for 5-6 seconds, or until potatoes are grated but not chunky (but be careful not to go too far that the mixture turns to mush).
Add flour, milk, eggs, salt and grated cheese, mix speed 3 for 10 seconds, or until combined (may need a bit of help with the spatula).
Heat non-stick or stoneware frying pan to medium-high heat. I added butter to the pan, for extra flavour and to crisp the outside of the pancakes, rather than non-stick spray in my pan (which you don't need for the stoneware, apparently?!).
Drop a tablespoon of batter into pan to test, flattening out the mixture with the back of a spoon (not too thin).
Turn over once golden on the underside (but be careful lifting to check as mixture is quite thin, apart from veggies etc).
Once test batch completed, fry the remaining mixture in pancakes no bigger than 10cm diameter, for even and complete cooking.
Serve with sour cream and fried bacon pieces.
Accessories you need
Add a fresh teaspoon of butter to the pan each batch, for crispiness and flavour. In my 30cm frypan i can cook two pancakes, makes the process quicker - they can be quite filling, and i would recommend not going over the 10cm diameter size as the potato may not cook properly.
The mixture can appear watery (due to the potatoes not being drained), so if you wish to reduce the milk, you can. But this recipe has worked best for me.
This is a requested item for Father's Day breakfast in our place!
You may wish to substitute sweet potatoes, zucchini or pumpkin in place of the potato.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Steam rice in varoma basket
- Kale, Stir Fried Chinese Style
- Creamed Spinach
- Moroccan Beetroot and Carrot Salad
- Salami Spread
- RAW RAINBOW SALAD with Tuna
- Crispy Asian Noodle Nests
- Vegetable Samosas
- French Onion ricotta mushrooms
- Heidi's German potato salad # 1
- Sweet potato mash
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge