- orange peel from 1 orange, (washed & preferably organic)
- small handful of parsley
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp orange salt & pepper rub, (see recipe community, or use salt flakes)
- 1 green apple, cored and quartered
- 3 spring onions, cut in half, some of the green sliced and reserved for garnish
- 150 g cous cous
- 250 g boiling water
- 50 g freshly squeezed orange juice
Put cous cous in Thermoserver (or other bowl) and pour over boiling water, orange juice and orange salt & pepper rub. Cover and sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the rest.
Chop parsley & orange peel, 10 seconds, speed 8. Scrape and repeat if there are any large pieces of peel left. Set aside
Add butter, spring onion and apple to TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
Scrape down and cook on 100C for 3 minutes, speed 2.
Scrape mixture onto cous cous, add the reserved zest & parsley, and stir through and fluff up with a fork. Cover for another 5 minutes if required.
Garnish with sliced spring onion and a little of the zest & parsley (optional)
You can add all sorts of extras to this cous cous. Nuts, raisins, cranberries etc
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Steam rice in varoma basket
- Kale, Stir Fried Chinese Style
- Creamed Spinach
- Moroccan Beetroot and Carrot Salad
- Salami Spread
- RAW RAINBOW SALAD with Tuna
- Crispy Asian Noodle Nests
- Vegetable Samosas
- French Onion ricotta mushrooms
- Heidi's German potato salad # 1
- Sweet potato mash
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chocolate pear cake
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk