- 2 Lamb Shanks
- 1.5-2 l water
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock paste
- 2 tbsp Bisto
- 20 Vol-au-vent, Medium-small size
- 1/4 portion Mash Potato
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1) Add the water to the TM bowl & add the Vegetable Stock Paste.
2) Place the lamb shanks in the Varoma Dish and steam 99 min/Varoma/speed 3.
3) Remove the bones from the shanks (The meat should just about fall off the bone. If not Steam for 30min more).
4) Add the bisto to the reduced stock and cook 3min/Varoma/speed 3.
5) Add the lamb meat to the thickened gravy and stir 30 sec//speed 1.
6) Put mash potato in each Vol-au-vent (about a third).
7) Fill the Vol-au-vent with the lamb shank gravy mixture and serve.
You can make your own Vol-au-vents using the Quick Puff Pastry in the Basic Cook Book on page 52.
Add a layer of mint jelly or top with a couple of peas.
The lamb shanks with rice, vegetables and gravy is a great main meal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Steam rice in varoma basket
- Kale, Stir Fried Chinese Style
- Creamed Spinach
- Moroccan Beetroot and Carrot Salad
- Salami Spread
- RAW RAINBOW SALAD with Tuna
- Crispy Asian Noodle Nests
- Vegetable Samosas
- French Onion ricotta mushrooms
- Heidi's German potato salad # 1
- Sweet potato mash
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Chocolate Dripping Cake