- 4 sprigs Flat leaf Parsley, fresh, laeves only
- 1 sprig Rosemary, fresh, leaves only
- 20 g Baby Spinach leaves, approx. 1 handfull
- 50 g Snow peas, approx. 8
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 300 g Baby Ruby potatoes, cut in half or quarters if they&amp;#039;re not really small
- 300 g sweet potato, cut in cubes approx same size as Ruby potato chunks
- 550 g water
- 4 Rashers of Short cut bacon, cut in thirds
- 10 g Rice bran oil or olive oil, (to cook bacon)
- 60 g light olive oil
- 10 g Dijon mustard
- 15 g Whole Grain Mustard
- 30 g Lemon juice, fresh, approx 1 lemon
- Ground pepper, to taste
1. Place parsley, Rosemary & baby spinach leaves, snow peas in TM bowl, chop 2sec/speed 7, set aside. Give the TM bowl a quick rinse, don't bother drying it.
2. Place water in TM bowl, position Varoma on top, place both lots of potatoes in Varoma bowl & lid on. Cook 25min/Varoma/speed 1-2. Potaotoes should be just tender, not mushy.
3. Remove Varoma bowl of potatoes & set aside in Thermo server to cool a little (leave the lid off for now). Empty water from TM bowl.
4. Place bacon pieces in TM bowl, chop 2sec/speed 4, scrape down sides & repeat if necessary to achieve diced bacon. Add 10g oil, saute 10min/100*//speed 1 (no MC on top, leave open for steam to escape). When cooked, place bacon on paper towel to soak up excess oil/fat & empty TM bowl of excess fat, no need to wash though.
5. Dressing: Place Light olive oil, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, lemon juice & pepper in TM bowl, mix 10sec/speed 4. Add bacon, spring onions & parsley, Rosemary, baby spinach & snow pea mixture, mix 5sec//speed 4.
6. Empty the dressing mixture over the potatoes in the Thermo server bowl, mix together, place lid on and leave to sit for approx 20-30 min so the flavours will go through the potatoes. Serve at room temerature (refridgerate any leftovers).
Hunters Bacon & Mustard Sweet Potato Salad
This is a great side dish for BBQ's.
We had it with Tuna steaks & it really suited that too, with a side salad.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Steam rice in varoma basket
- Kale, Stir Fried Chinese Style
- Creamed Spinach
- Moroccan Beetroot and Carrot Salad
- Salami Spread
- RAW RAINBOW SALAD with Tuna
- Crispy Asian Noodle Nests
- Vegetable Samosas
- French Onion ricotta mushrooms
- Heidi's German potato salad # 1
- Sweet potato mash
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine