- ½ small red onion (approx 100 g)
- 1-2 sprigs fresh dill, leaves only
- 250 g cream cheese
- 120 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ - 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp pickled capers, drained
- 250 g smoked salmon, cut into pieces
- fresh chives or dill, fresh finely chopped, for garnishing
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion and dill into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add cream cheese, cream, lemon juice and Tabasco and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add capers and smoked salmon and mix 30 sec/speed 5, until a smooth mousse-like consistency is achieved. For a coarser texture, pulse Turbo/1 sec/2-3 times, until desired consistency is achieved.
Garnish with chopped chives or dill before serving.
Smoked Salmon Mousse
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix (Easter Edition) class. The original TM31 recipe is from Devil of a Cookbook //bit.ly/1J4sL8M
Tips:Serve in individual ramekins with toast fingers, crackers or vegetable sticks. This mousse is also perfect for filling small vol-au-vents as a canapé.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU