- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper,roughly chopped
- 1 onion,quartered
- 45 g olive oil
- 2 level tablespoons tahini
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 level tsp turmeric
- 70 g water
- 300 g chickpeas,drained weight
- 1 Lemon, juice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add 25 g olive oil, garlic, pepper and onion to the bowl and chop 5 sec/sp 5
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and sauté 6minutes/120/speed 2
- Add the chickpeas, spices, tahini, 70 g water, lemon juice, 20 g olive oil and salt. Puree 45 sec / speed 7 .
- Blend for longer and at a higher speed for a finer consistency. Add a little more water for a runnier hummus.
You can use dried chick peas. 125 g soaked overnight in plenty of water then cook for 40 minutes or until soft . This should make about 300 g cooked chickpeas.
I useequivalent weight of ice cubes instead of the water if I want the mixture cooled down more quickly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP