- 3 red peppers, whole
- 50 g fresh bread
- 20 g lemon juice
- 15 g pomegranate molasses
- 15 g kashmiri (mild) chilli flakes
- 10 g ground cumin
- 50 g walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- to taste salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Dinner Party Special Occassions Buffet Everyday Holiday Picnic Appetizer Side dish Starter Dip Creative Easy Natural Quick Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Egg free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Chef recipes Cooking for 2 people Cooking for elderly people Cooking for large family Cooking for single person Cooking for students Pantry Take away food
- Heat the oven to 200C/390F/gas mark 6. Put the peppers on a tray and roast for 30 -35 minutes, turning occasionally until they are cooked and the skin is blackened. Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with cling-film and once cool enough to handle, peel and discard skin and seeds.
- Place bread and garlic in the TM bowl. On Turbo/2 secs process for 10 seconds or till you have a fine bread crumb mixture. Scrape down the crumbs with the spatula.
- Add ground cumin, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, salt and walnuts. Blend 2 secs/speed 5/REVERSE. Scrape down the mixture with the spatula.
- Add roasted peppers and olive oil. Blend 3 secs/speed 5/REVERSE. If you prefer it slightly smoother blend for a further 1-2 seconds.
- Tip the mixture into a shallow dish, make a few dips and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is adapted from an Ottolenghi recipe. It is a classic Levantine dip and works well in the Thermomix because the reverse function ensures the textures of walnut and peppers remain slightly chunky. If you do not want to roast your own peppers you can use ready roasted peppers in a jar. It should have punch so do add more molasses or chilli to taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies