- 4 red peppers, roasted or barbecued
- 60 g walnuts or pecan nuts, toasted 10 mins in 140 deg oven
- 1 level tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 level tablespoon best extra virgin olive oil
- 1 level teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 level teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 level teaspoons aleppo pepper, or other mild chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, small
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 30 g breadcrumbs, can be bread toasted with the nuts
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- First roast or barbq the red peppers and remove the skins, seeds, stalks and membranes. Leave them to cool in a covered bowl before peeling.
- Toast the nuts in a dry pan in the oven. You can also toast the bread at the same time for fresh breadcrumbs.
- Chop the garlic by dropping it onto the blades spinning at speed 10. This takes a couple of seconds.
- Add the nuts to the bowl and chop at speed 6 for about 6 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Chop at Speed 7 for about 10 seconds. The texture should be rough, not smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, heat by adding a small amount of hot chilli powder if you like - no more than 1/4 teaspoon. Mix again for a few seconds.
- Serve as a dip or pasta sauce or to go with grilled fish or chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.