- 150 g Chick peas, soaked 8 hrs or overnight
- 100 g water
- 35 g tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g lime juice
- 10 g olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, (to taste)
8h 5minPreparation 8h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Rinse the chickpeas, put them in the mixing bowl and add fresh water and cook them 60min/95°C/ /speed 0.5
- Blend 30sec/speed4
- Add tahini, garlic clove and blend 40sec/speed 7
Add lime juice and olive oil salt and blend 1min/speed8.
Adjust the flavour with more lime juice and salt)
Transfer to a bowl, cover the surface with cling film and let to cool.
Makes 4 small jars (235ml)
Can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Accessories you need
Quick Version: After cook the chick peas (step 1) add all other ingredients and blend 1min/speed8
Even quicker version: Substitute dry chick peas with drained tinned chick peas, add all the ingredients and blend 1min/speed8
Adjusting thickness: If you want your hummus thicker add more lemon juice, if you want it less thick add hot water.
Some people like hummus “crunchy” in this case just blend it less time.
You can add pieces of fried lamb meat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies