- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, add more or less as required
- dash worcestershire sauce, optional
- 300 g water
- 1 Beef stock pot
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2-3 tbsp 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
- Quarter onion and half mushrooms. Place in bowl.
- With MC in place Turbo / 0.5s (repeat again if large chunks remain)
- With MC in place 2min / 100ºC /
- Add water, stock cube, pepper, and Worcester sauce to bowl.
- With MC in place 5min / 100ºC /
- With MC in place stir continuously speed 3 until the temperature drops to around 85ºC. To do this do not set a time or make sure the time reads 0. Stop the TM6.
- Add the Xanthan Gum to the bowl. Make sure to avoid getting it on the side of the bowl or the top of the blade as it will not mix in fully.
- With MC in place stir continuously speed 3. Keep stopping to scrape down the sides and check the consistancy is about what you like and the sauce has enough pepper. Add Xanthan Gum in 1/8tsp steps, but you should not likely need more than 1/2tsp to get a good thick sauce.
- When the sauce is seasoned to taste and the desired thickness you can stop here and let it cool before you need it.
- To continue cooking add the Greek yogurt.
- With MC in place 10min / speed 3. Bring the temperature of the sauce up to 98ºC then drop back down to 80ºC until you are ready to serve it. Just add more time if you need.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Icetea Sirup Cherry
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Sugar Free Plain Yoghurt
- Chorizo Risotto
- Tomato Ketchup - Sugar Free
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce