- 3 aubergines, medium
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthways. Score the flesh sides in a crisscross pattern, making sure you don’t cut through the skins.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, then toss to coat.
- Arrange on a baking tray, flesh-side facing up, then bake in the oven for around 45 minutes, or until soft.
- Leave aside to cool, then scoop out flesh and place in thermomix bowl (discard the skins)
- Add garlic, tahini, chilli powder (if using), cumin, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil & juice of both lemons.
- Blend 5 secs / speed 10 (if you find it isn't smooth enough blend for a further 2 seconds)
- Season to taste with a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
This recipe is adapted for the thermomix from Jamie Olivers Baba ganoush (smoked aubergine & Tahini dip) recipe which can be found on www.jameoliver.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Ketchup - Sugar Free
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas