- 4-5 eggs, about 200 mls beaten
- 450 g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 200 g water
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest
- 125 g butter
- 450 g granulated sugar
- 100 g lemon juice, from the two lemons, topped up if necessary
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place some very clean jars in a cool oven to warm up. Wash the lids.
Crack eggs into bowl and zizz at speed 6 until smooth and light. Tip into container and wipe out the bowl.
Tip apples into bowl with water and lemon zest.
Cook at 95, speed 2, 10 minutes or until soft and fluffy. Give it a quick zizz if necessary, until smooth.
Add butter, sugar and lemon juice. Mix for 2 mins, speed 2 until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
Leave to cool to below 50C or the eggs may split when you add them.
- Pour in the eggs and mix on 2 until they are incorporated into the mixture
Cook for 10 mins, 95C, speed 2, pushing down the sides with the spatula from time to time.
If it hasn't thickened, give it a bit longer.
Pour immediately into the clean, warmed jars and put on the lids. Label the jars when they are cold again.
Eat within four weeks. Once opened, keep in fridge.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Asian Pesto
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread