- 2 slices stale bread
- 100 g tasty cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 50 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 500 g milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock paste
- 160 g spinach leaves, fresh
- 425 g canned tuna in spring water, drained
- 40 g lemon juice, (juice of one lemon)
- 250 g milk
- 15 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 300 g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Tear the bread into smaller pieces and turn to crumbs by crumbing for 5 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
Add the cubes of cheese to the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
Add the clove of garlic to the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Add the onion and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Add butter and saute for 5 minutes / 100° / speed 1.
Add the flour, milk and veggie stock paste and cook for 7 minutes / 90° / reverse / speed 4.
Now with the blades turning on reverse / speed 2 add the spinach, tuna and lemon juice and HALF of the reserved grated cheese through the hole in the lid over a 2 minute period until gently combined. Pour the mornay into ThermoServer while you make the bechamel sauce.
Give the TM bowl a quick rinse but don't worry about making it immaculately clean. Add all the bechamel ingredients into the TM bowl and cook for 5 minutes & 30 seconds / 90° / speed 4. Set aside.
Follow instructions for making the pasta dough in the cookbook that came with your Thermomix.
Using a pasta maker (I have a manual one and find it so therapeutic to turn the handle. ha!) Start with number one (using a small piece of dough) and continue folding the dough into thirds and turning the number up one knotch at a time going all the way to the thinnest setting possible - for me that's number 7).
Preheat the oven to 200°.
Grease your lasagne dish with butter or oil and line the base with one layer of lasagne sheets. Spread one third of the mornay sauce over the lasagne.
Repeat the layers another two times, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets.
Pour the bechamel topping sauce over the top and sprinkle with bread crumbs and the remainder of the grated cheese.
Cover with alfoil and cook for 20 minutes in preheated oven. Remove alfoil and continue cooking for another 20 minutes or until the top is golden and crunchie. Enjoy with homemade garlic bread and a salad.
Make the Mornay
Make the Bechamel Sauce topping
Make Lasagna Sheets
Assembling the Lasagne
I don't always make my own lasagne sheets but when I am trying to save money, I will spend the time to make them myself. So cheap especially when you get free eggs from your mum's chooks! Feel free to buy lasagne sheets ready made to save you time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Rasta Pasta a la Rainforest
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine
- pumpkin or smash risotto
- Layered Turkey Bechamel Pasta
- Red cabbage and beetroot bolognese
- Creamy Bacon and Broccoli Fettucine
- Chicken and Bacon Fettuccini
- Chicken Risotto with Chorizo and Mushroom
- 'Fried' Rice
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich