- 240 g golden beetroot
- 230 g red cabbage
- 160 g onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- 450 g beef mince
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp vegetable stock paste
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Turkish chilli flakes mix, mild
- 2 leaves bay leaves
- 300 g water
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add beetroot and cabbage to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 3. Put aside.
- Place onion, garlic and oil in mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5, scrape down and saute 3 min/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add beef, making sure it’s lightly torn apart. Saute 3 min/100 degrees//.
- Add all other ingredients and beetroot and cabbage and cook 25 min/100 degrees/ /speed 1.
- Serve with pasta or rice.
Making the sauce
The vegetables will still have a light crunch. Extend cooking time in step 4 by 5 – 10 minutes to cook vegetables fully through.
The beetroot and cabbage can be replaced with other vegetables like carrots and courgettes.
The sauce freezes well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Rasta Pasta a la Rainforest
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine
- pumpkin or smash risotto
- Layered Turkey Bechamel Pasta
- Creamy Bacon and Broccoli Fettucine
- Chicken and Bacon Fettuccini
- Chicken Risotto with Chorizo and Mushroom
- 'Fried' Rice
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Chicken Bean and Rice Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP