- 500 g pumpkin, cut into pieces (2-3cm)
- 500 g water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock paste
- 720 g water
- 40 g parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (2-3cm)
- 50 g brown onion
- 40 g butter
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 320 g risotto rice, (eg Aborio)
- 60 g dry white wine
- 25 g pine nuts, (optional)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Weigh pumpkin into TM basket. Pour 500g water into mixing bowl.
Insert TM basket into mixing bowl and cook 18 - 20 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 or until pumpkin is tender.
Use spatula to remove TM basket. Discard water and transfer pumpkin from TM basket into mixing bowl. Puree 15 seconds/speed 8 until pumpkin is smooth. Scrape down mixing bowl with spatula.
Pour 720g water into mixing bowl along with vegetable stock paste. Mix 15 seconds/speed 3 or until combined. Transfer stock to a large jug or bowl.
Clean and dry bowl.
Place parmesan cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10 seconds/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place brown onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down mixing bowl with spatula.
Add butter and extra virgin olive oil and saute 3 minutes/120 degrees/speed 1.
Insert butterfly whisk. Add risotto rice and saute 1 minute/120 degrees//speed 1.5, without measuring cup.
Add white wine and saute 2 minutes/Varoma//speed 1.5, without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice.
Add pumpkin stock and again scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen rice. Cook 17 minutes/100 degrees//speed 1.5, place simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Meanwhile, toast pine nuts and grill bacon (both optional).
Transfer into ThermoServer or large bowl. Using the spatula, combine with reserved parmesan and bacon pieces (if using). Serve immediately, topped with toasted pine nuts (if using).
Serve with extra parmesan or tasty cheese, if desired.
To toast pine nuts, scatter in a single layer on a baking tray and grill for 5 minutes, stirring half way through cooking time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Rasta Pasta a la Rainforest
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine
- pumpkin or smash risotto
- Layered Turkey Bechamel Pasta
- Red cabbage and beetroot bolognese
- Creamy Bacon and Broccoli Fettucine
- Chicken and Bacon Fettuccini
- Chicken Risotto with Chorizo and Mushroom
- 'Fried' Rice
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup