- 1 kg purple potatoes, peeled & cubed (or old floury potatoes)
- 600 g water
- 400 - 450g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
Place potatoes into Varoma dish.
Place water into mixing bowl and cook 25 - 30 min/Varoma temp/speed 1.
Remove Varoma and set aside.
Allow potatoes to cool (approx. 15 -20 min).
Discard water, rinse and dry bowl.
Place cooled potatoes into mixing bowl and mash 10 sec/speed 4.
Do not over process or puree!
Add 300g of flour, salt, butter and egg (if using).
Set dial to (closed lid position) and knead 30 - 40 sec/ Interval setting.
Place remaining flour, along with dough, onto floured surface or ThermoMat.
Work remaining flour into the dough until you achieve texture that is not overly sticky.
Roll dough into a finger width 'sausage' shape and cut into approx. 2cm long pieces.
Shape the gnocchi with a fork, grater or wooden gnocchi board.
Cook immediately. Place into pot of boiling water and cook until gnocchi has risen to the surface.
Remove and drain with a slotted spoon.
Serve with your favourite sauce.
Accessories you need
To freeze gnocchi, make sure they are separated and place on a floured board in the freezer for 3 - 4 hours. Remove once frozen and place into plastic bag. They will remain separated and are ready for a quick homemade meal any time you need it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Rasta Pasta a la Rainforest
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine
- pumpkin or smash risotto
- Layered Turkey Bechamel Pasta
- Red cabbage and beetroot bolognese
- Creamy Bacon and Broccoli Fettucine
- Chicken and Bacon Fettuccini
- Chicken Risotto with Chorizo and Mushroom
- 'Fried' Rice
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb