- 50 grams parmesan cheese, crust removed, cubed
- 250 grams broccoli florets, fresh
- 100 grams brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 grams garlic, (1 clove)
- 6 sprigs parsley, fresh, leaves only
- 150 grams bacon, roughly diced
- 30 grams butter, roughly cubed
- 800 grams water
- 200 grams thickened cream
- 1½ tablespoons Chicken stock concentrate
- 400 grams dried fettucine pasta
- 2 bacon rashers, roughly diced
- parmesan, flaked, optional
- parsley, extra, optional
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place parmesan into the mixing bowl and grate 10 sec / Speed 9. Transfer into a thermoserver and set aside. Clean and dry the mixing bowl.
Place broccoli florets into the Varoma dish (deep part) and set aside.
Place brown onion, garlic and parsley into the mixing bowl. Chop 5 seconds / Speed 5. Scrape the mixing bowl down.
Add the bacon and butter to the mixing bowl, and place the Varoma into position. Sauté for 6 minutes / 120 / reverse / Speed 2.
Remove the Varoma and add the water, cream and stock concentrate to the mixing bowl. Reposition the Varoma and cook 10 minutes / Varoma / Reverse / Speed 3.
Remove the Varoma and add the dried fettuccine, snapped in half, to the mixing bowl, and stir with the spatula to ensure all the pasta is submerged in the sauce. Reposition Varoma and cook for 5 minutes / 100 / Reverse / Speed 1.
Check on the broccoli at this point and if it is cooked to your liking, set the Varoma dish aside, place MC on the mixing bowl lid and continue cooking the pasta and sauce for a further 6 minutes / 100 / Reverse / Speed 1.
If the broccoli needs more time, leave the Varoma in position and cook together with the pasta and sauce for a further 6 minutes / 100 / Reverse / Speed 1.
Note: Total cooking time for the pasta and sauce is 11 minutes. Broccoli may only need 5 depending on personal preference.
During the cooking time in Step 6, pan fry the bacon garnish until crisp and set aside until ready to serve.
Transfer the cooked pasta and sauce to the thermoserver and stir to combine with the reserved parmesan set aside in Step 1.
Add the broccoli to the thermoserver and stir gently to incorporate, so as not to break up the florets.
Garnish with the pan fried bacon pieces and the optional parsley and flaked parmesan if desired, and serve immediately.
Fettucine and Sauce
I have used both fresh and frozen broccoli when creating this recipe, and my personal preference is for the broccoli to be cooked till it is soft. I found it needed the full 11 minutes cook time in Step 6 to get to this stage.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Rasta Pasta a la Rainforest
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine
- pumpkin or smash risotto
- Layered Turkey Bechamel Pasta
- Red cabbage and beetroot bolognese
- Chicken and Bacon Fettuccini
- Chicken Risotto with Chorizo and Mushroom
- 'Fried' Rice
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Chicken Bean and Rice Salad
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls