- 190 g Raw king prawns without shell, (pat dry)
- 2 heaped tsp vegetable stock paste, (recipe in basic cookbook)
- 50 g parmesan, (cut in half)
- 80 g flat leaf parsley, (cut stalks into 2 halves)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Large red onion, peeled
- 1 Fresh red chilli, stalk removed, (remove the seeds if you don't like it spicy)
- 160 g Normal linguine
- 160 g Wholeweat/ linguine
- 60 g Plum tomatoes, (halved/ quartered depending on size)
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1200 g hot water
- Salt & Pepper, (to taste)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place raw prawns in a separate bowl and mix in 1 tsp of stock paste and a good drizzle of EVOO then leave a side.
2. Place parmesan blocks in "Closed lid" , grate for 10 sec/ spd 10. Transfer to a bowl and set a side.
3. Place parsley in "Closed lid" , chop for 3-4 sec/ spd 6. Transfer to a bowl and set a side.
4. Place garlic cloves in "Closed lid" , 7 sec/ "Counter-clockwise operation" spd 4. Remove the skin from "Closed lid" .
5. Add red onion and red chilli into the "Closed lid" and chop for 7 sec/ spd 5.
6. Scrap down the side of the bowl and add 80g EVOO.
7. Cook for 5 min/ 120 c / spd 0.5.
8. Boil the kettle.
9. Add prawns, remaining stock paste and chopped parsley and cook for 1 min 20 sec/ 120 c/ "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" .
10. Transfer everything into a large bowl and keep warm.
11. Without washing the bowl, add 1200 g hot water, some salt and a drizzle of EVOO into the "Closed lid" .
12. Place the lid on and weigh in wholeweat linguine first which will take a little longer to cook than white linguine. Cook a couple of minutes first then add white linguine and cook for time indicated on packet/ 100 c/ "Counter-clockwise operation" spd 1.
13. Add drained linguine and tomatoes to the cooked prawn mixture and mix well.
14. Season with salt (if necessary) and ground pepper to taste.
15. Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese and some nasturtium/ rocket.
* Nasturtiums are hardy plants that are really easy to grow with beautiful flowers and attractive foliage. Apart from being great garnishes, they are also edible with a peppery flavour similar to rocket.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veggie Bolognese Sauce
- Bolognese Lasagna
- Msg based seasoning
- KFC based Chicken seasoning
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Tomato Ketchup - Sugar Free
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce