- 2 leeks, cut in 4cm pieces
- 2 carrots, cut in 4 cm pieces
- 1 package mushrooms, small
- 70 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 125 g red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bottle 700ml tomato passata
- 2 package 400g minced meat, both beed or 1 beef and 1 pork
- Place the leeks, carrots, mushrooms and 50g of olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Insert spatula (to keep the vegetables moving) and chop 5 seconds/speed 5. If cooking for small children that don't like to see any trace of vegetables, add 2/3 seconds until desired size is achieved.
- Place measuring cup in place and sautée 7 min/100C/speed 1. After a couple of minutes, if the bowl has reached 100C, take the MC off. At this point the mushrooms have released a lot of liquid and base may seem too liquid, don't worry.
- Add tomato paste, wine and bay leaves. Cook 5 mins/120C/speed 1, MC off
- Add passata, 20g oil, a bit more salt and pepper and cook 10 mins/120C/speed 1. Place steaming basket on top of bowl to prevent splashes. Taste and adjust seasoning. If tomato sauce is acidic, do correct with a bit of sugar.
- If tomato sauce is acidic, do correct with a bit of sugar.. If you'd like a smooth sauce, remove bay leaves and blitz 10 sec/ speed 8
- Return bay leaves to the bowl, add mince meat, mix well with spatula. Add more seasoning and cook 20 mins//100C/speed. Place steaming basket on top. Check seasoning and you have a sauce ready for your spaghetti or lasagna.
Try any vegetable you fancy, from courgettes, to peppers to aubergines, anything goes!
You can use 2x400g tomato tins instead of he 700ml tomato passata.
It's better to season in smaller increments that right at the end as the flavours will develop better this way and we'll have more control of the final result
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Rasta Pasta a la Rainforest
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine
- pumpkin or smash risotto
- Layered Turkey Bechamel Pasta
- Red cabbage and beetroot bolognese
- Creamy Bacon and Broccoli Fettucine
- Chicken and Bacon Fettuccini
- Chicken Risotto with Chorizo and Mushroom
- 'Fried' Rice