- 120 g olive oil
- 80 g lemon juice (approx. 2-3 lemons)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- 1000 g water
- 300 g pumpkin, cut into cubes (1cm)
- 150 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 120 g couscous, well rinsed and drained
- 150 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only, roughly torn or fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1-2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed amd thinly sliced
- 400 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (weight is pre-draining ) or canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained (weight is pre-draining)
- 40 g roasted pine nuts or cashews
- 1 tbsp pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into pieces (1cm)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes (1 punnet), cut into halves
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place all dressing ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer dressing into a bowl and set aside until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl
Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position. Weigh pumpkin into Varoma dish then add green beans on top of pumpkin.
Insert Varoma tray, then line tray with a piece of wet and well-rung baking paper and weigh couscous onto baking paper. Spread couscous evenly across baking paper with spatula. Secure Varoma lid and steam 17 min/Varoma/speed 1. Check that pumpkin is cooked to your liking. If necessary cook for a further 2-4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Carefully transfer couscous to a large serving bowl and fluff with a fork. Add cooked pumpkin and green beans, baby spinach, fresh basil or coriander, spring onions/shallots, chickpeas or kidney beans, pine nuts or cashews, olives, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and reserved dressing. Gently toss to combine, then serve.
Make sure you rinse the couscous well in plenty of water to remove some of the starch or it will not steam successfully. This salad can be served warm or chilled. To serve chilled, ensure that pumpkin, couscous and green beans have cooled completely before combining with remaining salad ingredients and the dressing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simla Mirch Aur Aloo (Capsicum Aloo)
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Aubergine polpette
- Quinoa, Squash and Goats Cheese Mini Patties
- Thai Quinoa balls
- Garlic Mushrooms with Steamed Egg on Sourdough
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Pizza
- Two Grain Vegetable Risotto
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Courgette and Carrot
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Seed flapjacks
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg