- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 medium to large carrot, washed and trimmed and cut in 4cm
- 1 onion, large, quartered
- 1 clove garlic fresh
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams walnuts, pecans or cashew nuts
- 450g home cooked red or brown lentils, Drain juice off
- 4 heaped tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, to taste
- pinch sea salt
- 1 heaped tablespoons red chilli, fresh, add more to taste
- 2 heaped teaspoons chia seed
- Place onion, garlic, celery, carrot, chilli and nuts in TM and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7.
- Add eggs, lentils, herbs, salt and chia seeds combine for 30 seconds on Reverse on speed 5.
- Form into balls and drop into hot oil and deep fry. Alternatively form patties by hand and fry on both sides until browned in an oiled pan.
Gluten Free, Slow Carb Lentil & Nut Balls
Accessories you need
To reduce fat/calories - Lightly brush the patties with garlic oil & bake in an oven (200C) for 16 mins.
These are amazing with a green salad and a lemon & garlic vinigarette.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simla Mirch Aur Aloo (Capsicum Aloo)
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Aubergine polpette
- Quinoa, Squash and Goats Cheese Mini Patties
- Thai Quinoa balls
- Garlic Mushrooms with Steamed Egg on Sourdough
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Pizza
- Two Grain Vegetable Risotto
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Courgette and Carrot