- 1/2 tsp Chili Pepper Flakes, Optional
- 3 stalks coriander, To Garnish
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Optional Garnish* - Place washed coriander into. 1sec/0/Speed 10. Chop and Set aside in clean, dry bowl.
2. No need to wash . Put 500ml boiling water from kettle into TM and put in the simmering basket. Turn ON - 8mins/Varoma/Speed 3. When ready, poke potato with fork, if comes out clean it is ready, if not boil for another 2-3 mins. Empty, throw in kitchen towel. 10sec/0'/1
to wipe dry
3. Slice Peppers into 1cm batons. Red and green peppers are sweeter and crunchier, while yellow is good for adding colour to the dish.
4. Add vegetable oil (optional), cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala into clean dry TM bowl. 1.5mins/120'/. Toast til fragrant.
5. Add red onion cut into quarters. Chop 5sec/0'/Speed 5. Cook 2mins/Varoma/. Use spatula to scrape down sides after chopping.
6. Add salt, chili flakes(optional), tumeric, raw capsicums, tomatoes and cooked potato batons and stir gently until evenly coated. , 3mins/Varoma/
7. Pour into serving bowl and garnish with pre-chopped coriander
PREP & COOKING
1. You can make your own garam masala in the TM. Look for recipe in the recipe community.
2. This recipe is super low calorie and healthy. The trick is the spices must be toasted well (until your whole kitchen is fragrant - golden brown spices)
3. Vegetable Oil can be omited. We cook without oil at home. This does not compromise the flavour, but needs a few tries to get it right as the vege/spices need to caramelise over high heat without burning
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Aubergine polpette
- Quinoa, Squash and Goats Cheese Mini Patties
- Thai Quinoa balls
- Garlic Mushrooms with Steamed Egg on Sourdough
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Pizza
- Two Grain Vegetable Risotto
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad