- 500 g cooked quinoa *, cool
- 500 g butternut squash or pumpkin *, peeled, roasted, mashed up
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion, halved again
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 g flour (GF or plain)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 package feta or 1/2 roll of goats cheese roll, crumbled
- coriander leaves, for decoration
- Olive oil or coconut oil
1. Chop onion a few seconds on speed 5, brush down sides of TM bowl, add a drop of olive oil, sautee 8 min Varoma speed spoon.
2. Place all ingredients up to the eggs in a large bowl and mix. Adjust seasoning and spices to taste depending on your mood. Remember you will add eggs and flour so taste will be diluted.
3. Add eggs, flour and cheese. Mix and form into little patties. The mix is pretty wet. Wet your hands to avoid sticking.
4. Fry the patties in a little oil about 3 min on each side to get them crispy. Only turn when they are not sticking to the pan.
5. Finish them in a 190C oven for 6 minutes.
6. Decorate with a coriander leave.
* To cook quinoa: Soak for 30 min at least. Place in the steaming basket. Pur 800g boling water into the TM bowl, insert the steaming basket with the quonoa, add a pinch of salt and set a couple of seconds on speed 4, then 15 min Varoma speed 2. Remove steaming baket when done and put quonoa in a large bowl to cool down.
* To roast the pumpkin, peal, cut into chunks place on a baking tray, coat with oil and sprinke some salt, place 30 min in a 190C oven. Mash with a fork.
Delicious served with yogurt and mint dip
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simla Mirch Aur Aloo (Capsicum Aloo)
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Aubergine polpette
- Thai Quinoa balls
- Garlic Mushrooms with Steamed Egg on Sourdough
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Pizza
- Two Grain Vegetable Risotto
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Courgette and Carrot
- Puy Lentil Salad
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Asian Pesto