- 2 clove garlic
- 50 g shallot, halved
- 20 g olive oil
- 500 g passata
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, tinned
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 10 g fresh basil leaves
- 400 g pasta flour, or plain flour
- 40 g semolina
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 700 g Potatoes, (e.g. Maris Piper) peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 20 g parmesan cheese, cut in 2cm pieces
- Place parmesan in mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10. Tip out and set aside in a small bowl.
- Place water in mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket then weigh potatoes into it. Steam 25 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until potatoes are cooked through and soft.
- Remove simmering basket and set aside to allow potatoes to cool completely. Meanwhile, clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place garlic, shallot and olive oil in mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Add passata, tinned tomatoes and salt then cook 30 min/100°C/speed 2.
- Add basil and stir in with spatula. Transfer to Thermo Server or dish to keep warm. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place cooked potatoes, 300 g flour, semolina and salt in mixing bowl and mash 12 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add egg yolk and knead 30-40 sec//
- Place a large pan of water (1 tsp salt added) on the hob and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, sprinkle remaining flour onto work surface. Tip dough onto work surface and work in flour until dough comes together and is a soft, pliable texture. Shape into a long sausage (2 cm Ø then cut in pieces (approx. 2cm long). Press dough lightly with a fork to make ridges on the top.
- Working in batches, transfer gnocchi to a large pan of boiling, salted water. Wait for gnocchi to rise to the surface then leave to cook for 1 minute longer before removing with a slotted spoon. Add to the sauce in Thermo Server or dish. Repeat until all gnocchi are cooked. Mix gnocchi and sauce together carefully, scatter with reserved grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Gnocchi should be light and fluffty so handle the dough gently.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simla Mirch Aur Aloo (Capsicum Aloo)
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Aubergine polpette
- Quinoa, Squash and Goats Cheese Mini Patties
- Thai Quinoa balls
- Garlic Mushrooms with Steamed Egg on Sourdough
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Pizza
- Two Grain Vegetable Risotto
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Courgette and Carrot
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad