- 320 g water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 500 g wolemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- olive oil, to coat bowl
- 20 g parmesan cheese, cut into cubes
- 300 g mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 200 g nadine potatoes, washed and quartered
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- sea salt
- 4 Bocconcini, sliced
Place water and yeast into mixing bowl and heat 1 min/37°C/speed 1.
Add flour and salt and mix 6 sec/speed 6 then knead 1½ min//.
Transfer dough onto a ThermoMat and roll up in the ThermoMat, or transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover the bowl with a slightly damp tea towel. Set aside to prove in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until nearly doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Lightly flour baking or pizza trays and set aside.
Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Place mozzarella into mixing bowl and grate 2 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat if required to achieve a coarse grate.
Place potatoes into mixing bowl and grate 2-3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and grate a further 1-2 sec/speed 5 if required to achieve a coarse grate.
Work reserved dough into four evenly sized balls and place on ThermoMat. Cover with a damp tea towel and allow to prove for a further 5-10 minutes. Then, working with one ball at a time and turning the dough regularly, use your fingers to work it into a flat pizza about ½cm thick and the correct shape to fit your trays. Repeat for all pizzas.
Place bases onto prepared trays and top with even amounts of reserved Parmesan, mozzarella and potatoes, sprinkle with fresh rosemary, season with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with oil.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until pizzas are light golden and topping is bubbling, then remove pizzas from the oven, top each with an even amount of sliced bocconcini and return to the hot oven for a further 3-5 minutes to crisp up and slightly melt the bocconcini.
Slice and serve hot.
Serve Pizza bianca with potato and rosemary hot with a side salad for a quick and easy dinner or allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator to serve, re-heated, for lunch the next day.
This is a traditional pizza topping in Italy, particularly common in the colder winter months. You can substitute some ingredients with others you may already have in your pantry; most varieties of potatoes will work so feel free to use up what you already have, you can even try with sweet potato or substitute potato with zucchini if you have some. Spelt flour can be substituted with bakers flour, and slices of mozzarella can be used instead of bocconcini balls. You can also add extra flavours like wilted spinach, bacon, prosciutto, mushrooms, olives or red onion to create your own variations.
The pizza dough can be made in advance and frozen until ready to use. Be sure to fully defrost the dough before using it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simla Mirch Aur Aloo (Capsicum Aloo)
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Aubergine polpette
- Quinoa, Squash and Goats Cheese Mini Patties
- Thai Quinoa balls
- Garlic Mushrooms with Steamed Egg on Sourdough
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Pizza
- Two Grain Vegetable Risotto
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Courgette and Carrot
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup