- 250 grams red split lentils
- 1000 grams water
- 20 grams oil
- 1 heaped tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400 grams tomatoes, chopped or tinned chopped tomatoes
- 700 grams water
- 1 level teaspoons curcuma
- 1 level teaspoons salt
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 30 grams oil
- 1 heaped tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 pieces onions, large ones, peeled
- --- salt to taste
8Recipe is created for
1. weigh the 1000 g water into , insert simmering basket into and weigh lentils into it. Put lid and MC on an turn to speed 6 for 15 seconds, to wash lentils.
Take simmering basket out an put aside to drain. Pour water out and dry .
2. weigh oil into and heat 2 minutes/varoma temp/speed 1, put cumin seeds in avoiding the blade and cook 2 minutes/varoma temp/speed 1 without MC.
3. add garlic cloves and chop 10 seconds/speed 6, scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and cook 1 minute/varoma temp/speed 1, without MC.
4. Put tomatoes into and chop 5 seconds/speed 4 (if using tinned chopped tomatoes skip this step).
5. Put drained lentils, 700 g water, curcuma, salt and chilli powder into and cook 20 minutes/100°C/speed 1 - 2, MC off, use simmering basket as cover if it spits.
6. meanwhile make the tarka/topping:
chop the onions in rings and finley chop the garlic.
heat the oil in a friing pan, when it's hot ad cumin sedds and roast for aprox. 2 minutes or til the seeds change colour and begin to release their aroma. Put onion rings and garlic into the pan and brown the onions til crispy, ad salt to taste.
7. season the lentils to taste, serve in four bowls with the tarka/topping for garnish on each bowl.
mild indian lentil curry
serve with rice or naan bread
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Simla Mirch Aur Aloo (Capsicum Aloo)
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Aubergine polpette
- Quinoa, Squash and Goats Cheese Mini Patties
- Thai Quinoa balls
- Garlic Mushrooms with Steamed Egg on Sourdough
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Pizza
- Two Grain Vegetable Risotto
- Bulgur and Chickpea Salad
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Nutella Crepes
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free