- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 35 grams soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or chilli paste
- 135 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 50 grams cashews or peanuts
- 400 ml can of coconut cream
- 1000 grams chicken thighs (diced)
- 150 grams fresh green beans, sliced
- bean sprouts, fresh
- cashews extra to garnish
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add peeled onion, halved and garlic cloves to bowl and chop 3 secs speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and add peanut oil, saute 2 mins, varoma temp, speed 1.
Add sugar, soy sauce, chilli, peanut butter, nuts and coconut cream. Mix 10 secs, speed 5 to blend and chop nuts.
Add diced chicken and cook 12 mins, speed 1, ,100 degrees.
Add beans and cook for 5 mins, speed 1, , 100 degrees making sure beans are incorporated into sauce.
Check that chicken is cooked through and pour into Thermoserver to keep warm while cooking rice. I don't wash the bowl before cooking rice, it just adds extra flavour to the rice and saves time and water!
Serve satay chicken on bed of rice with coriander, bean sprouts and extra nuts.
You can use chicken breast diced if preffered but lessen the cooking time so it doesn't overcook and become dry.
Add extra chilli if you like it spicy, or sweet chilli sauce if you have no chilli paste or fresh chillies.Add whatever vegies you like for the last few minutes, we love fresh beans added and also zuchinni sliced on an angle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato pancakes
- Savoury Pancakes basic pancake recipe has been adapted from Delia Smith's complete cookery course
- RAW SPINACH QUICHE – ADAPTED FROM A RECIPE FROM MIMI KIRK’S “LIVE RAW”
- Lemon Chilli Chicken with Couscous
- Steamed Vegetables and Mash Potatoes- Instructions for kids
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Mums Egg and Bacon Pie
- Balinese Chicken
- LCHF chicken, bacon, broccoli, mushroom bake
- Risotto with Choritzo and Mushrooms
- Sesame chicken
- Zucchini Slice with baby spinach and potato
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Potato pancakes