- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 stick celery
- 1/2 Onion - sliced into 3 pieces
- 1/2 Lemon - sliced into 3 pieces
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 litres water
8Recipe is created for
1. Rinse the chicken cavity and then pat dry.
2. Pierce the skin several times.
3. Place the onion pieces, celery stick & lemon pieces in the cavity.
4. Gently stretch the wings & drumsticks away from the body to loosen joints.
5. Tie the drumsticks together with a rubber band and place the bird into the Varoma.
6. In the TM bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce & garlic and mix on speed 7 for 5 secs.
7. Using a pastry brush, baste the chicken generously with sauce.
Don't forget to do the sides and leg/wing joints
If any sauce left pour on top of chicken.
8. Add water to TM bowl and cook on Varoma, speed 2, 60mins.
9. Remove chicken from Varoma & place on a baking tray and place into a hot oven (180 degrees) for 10mins. This is to give your chicken a "golden" finish. Should you not wish to do this you could just place your chicken into your thermoserver and let it sit for the 10mins.
** We serve this with oven roasted vegetables however it's also nice to shred to put into a salad or as filling for sandwiches
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy breakfast
- Potato pancakes
- Savoury Pancakes basic pancake recipe has been adapted from Delia Smith's complete cookery course
- RAW SPINACH QUICHE – ADAPTED FROM A RECIPE FROM MIMI KIRK’S “LIVE RAW”
- Lemon Chilli Chicken with Couscous
- Steamed Vegetables and Mash Potatoes- Instructions for kids
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Mums Egg and Bacon Pie
- Balinese Chicken
- LCHF chicken, bacon, broccoli, mushroom bake
- Risotto with Choritzo and Mushrooms
- Sesame chicken
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Chocolate pear cake
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Seed flapjacks
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho