- 2 chorizo sausages, skinned
- 1 large garlic clove
- 25 g extra virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 2 French shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 700 g chicken stock
- 150 g potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 250 - 400g sea scallops
- 200 g cream
- Italian parsley, to garnish
Using very sharp knife, dice chorizo into small cubes
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 secs/speed 5
Add cubed chorizo and EVOO cook for 5 mins/90C/Reverse/speed 1
Reserve chorizo and oil, leaving residue in bowl for sauteíng vegetables
Place shallots and celery in mixing bowl and chop 2 secs/speed 5
Sauté for 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Add potato and stock. Cook for 12 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Place scallops into Varoma dish, set Varoma into position and cook 3 - 4 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1
Remove Varoma and add cream to mixing bowl.
Puree for 15 secs/speed 7.
Serve in large bowls with a few scallops placed into the soup and topped with reserved chorizo and oil.
Garnish with sprigs of parsley.
Creamy Scallop Soup with Chorizo
Chorizo can be chopped in the TM with the garlic if desired.
Soup can also be served in a hollowed out crusty bread roll prepared in the TM if you feel like stepping it up a notch!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy breakfast
- Potato pancakes
- Savoury Pancakes basic pancake recipe has been adapted from Delia Smith's complete cookery course
- RAW SPINACH QUICHE – ADAPTED FROM A RECIPE FROM MIMI KIRK’S “LIVE RAW”
- Lemon Chilli Chicken with Couscous
- Steamed Vegetables and Mash Potatoes- Instructions for kids
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Mums Egg and Bacon Pie
- Balinese Chicken
- LCHF chicken, bacon, broccoli, mushroom bake
- Risotto with Choritzo and Mushrooms
- Sesame chicken
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU