- 4-6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into quarters
- 1 onion quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into rings
- 1 - 400g can tomatoes
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 30 g vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons garam masala, from EDC
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or quantity to taste, from EDC
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 250 g block of tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt or cream
- 1 tablespoon veg stock concentrate, from EDC
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, or use coriander in tube
- 1 small handful vietnamese mint, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra chillies, optional
If using fresh coriander and Vietnamese mint, chop 5 secs, speed 7.
Set aside. No need to rinse bowl.
Put onion, garlic and ginger into bowl, chop 3 secs, speed 7.
Scrape down sides.
Add oil, cook 3mins, 100oC. Without MC
Add garam masala, curry powder and cumin.
Cook 1 min, 100oC, speed 1. Without MC
Add tinned tomatoes and capsicum chop 6 secs, speed 5. With MC
Add stock concentrate, cook 4 mins, 100oC speed 1.
Add chicken thigh fillets, coriander, mint, salt and pepper and extra chillies (if using).
Cook 10mins, 100oC, speed soft, reverse. With MC tilted to avoid splashes.
After 6 mins add tofu, continue to cook.
Add yoghurt or cream, cook 2 - 3 mins, 90oC, speed soft, reverse.
Serve on a bed of rice.
Chicken and Tofu Curry
This curry improves with keeping. The tofu will absorb the flavours.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato pancakes
- Savoury Pancakes basic pancake recipe has been adapted from Delia Smith's complete cookery course
- RAW SPINACH QUICHE – ADAPTED FROM A RECIPE FROM MIMI KIRK’S “LIVE RAW”
- Lemon Chilli Chicken with Couscous
- Steamed Vegetables and Mash Potatoes- Instructions for kids
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Mums Egg and Bacon Pie
- Balinese Chicken
- LCHF chicken, bacon, broccoli, mushroom bake
- Risotto with Choritzo and Mushrooms
- Sesame chicken
- Zucchini Slice with baby spinach and potato
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Sun dried Tomato tapenade